A. E. Köchert
The company was established in 1814 by the Frenchman Emanuel Pioté in Vienna. Five years later, Jackob Heinrich Köchert, a Baltic German from Riga, became a partner in the thriving goldsmith business. Pioté and Köchert were able to call themselves "Imperial and Royal Court Jewellers" in 1832. From then on, they started to create insignia for different royal families. The goldsmith firm became one of the leading jewellers in Europe.
Their initials, "AEK", are still used as a hallmark today. In 1849, Köchert became the personal jeweller for Emperor Franz Joseph. A new era began in 1922, when the sons of Köchert took over the company. It still exists to this day.
This maker currently has no products.