Fonson was established in 1848, and produced military equipment, swords, uniforms and buttons initially.
The company was created by Jean-Barthelemy and Jean-Francois Fonson, who led together until 1862. It was carried on by Francois Auguste Fonson after the turn of the century, who usually signed A. Fonson.
Jules (1871-1937) Fonson was the last direct family member to direct the company. He was president of the Chambre de commerce de Bruxelles at the time. The J. Fonson signature was used until 1947.
In 1956, the name changed to Etablissements Jules Fonson, and the company was led by Eugene C. Walton-Fonson (1892-1960).
After filing for bankruptcy in 1968, the company change names again to Anciens Etablissements Fonson et Cie NV.
This maker currently has no products.