J. A. Da Costa
In 1830, Joaquim da Costa founded his own business after working for Leite’s. He was succeeded by his son Joaquim Auguste da Costa, who was in turn succeeded by his son, Frederico Gaspar da Costa in 1902. This firm was the principal jeweller in Lisbon, creating all insignia of the Royal and Republican Portuguese Orders. It is known that Frederico advertised as “Purveyor of the Presidency of the Republic, of the Ministries of War, of the Navy, and of Foreign Affairs, of the Academy of Sciences and the Institute of Coimbra etc.” in 1922.
In 1928, the name was changed to Frederico Costa L. da and remained in the family until the 1970s, when the ownership changed.
This maker currently has no products.