Hunt & Roskell
This firm was established in 1843 on Old Bond Street. In 1819, silversmith Paul Storr left Rundell to create his own business. He partnered with John Mortimer (Storr & Mortimer) and they were later joined by John Samuel Hunt in 1826. When Mortimer retired the name was changed from Mortimer & Hunt to Hunt & Roskell. The partners at that time were John Samuel Hunt and his son, Robert Roskell Jr (son of liverpool watchmaker), and Charles Frederick Hancock. The firm exhibited their work in the Great Exhibition held in the Crystal Palace in 1851. In 1860, they relocated to 15 New Bond Street, where they employed 35 people in the shop and another eighty in the factory on Harrison street. Following the death of Hunt and Roskell, the company was left to their sons. In 1889, they decided to sell to J.W Benson who kept the original name. Hunt & Roskell Ltd continued their productions until the mid 1960s. They are known for creating the Order of the Bath insignia during the Crimean War.
This maker currently has no products.